The main aim of IPI activity in India is to promote "Balanced Nutrition" with emphasis on K nutrition in the main crops. This mission is carried out via research and extension activities: field experiments, demonstration plots, farmers meetings, dealers training programs, field days, workshops and conferences, publications and awards and assistance for researchers.
this page shows the latest two publications - click here for full list
Assessment of the Impact of Targeted Use of Fertilizer - Irrigated rice in Asia
Rice (Oryza sativa L.) is grown on a harvested area of 162 million ha (2010), with 91% produced in Asia. It is the main staple food crop in Asia, providing more than 50% of calories in some countries. Worldwide, about 93 million ha of irrigated lowland rice (57% of rice production area) provides 75% of global rice production.
In Asia, rice is grown on 30-83% of all irrigated land. Rice provides 19% of global human per capita energy and 13% of per capita protein. But to provide for the future needs of the growing world population, rice production needs to grow annually by 1.2-1.5% over the coming decade (GRISP, 2013).
This publication provides an assesment of the impact of the targeted use of fertilizer using Site Specific Nutrient Management (SSNM), looking at the impact on Farmers' income, soil health, plant health, and the environment.
पोटाशियम: जीवन के लिए एक आवश्यक पोषक तत्व
Potassium - a Nutrient Essential for Life
Potassium is one of the key elements for life on earth. It is required in large quantities by all plants and animals and is obtained by plants from the soil in which they grow. Animals obtain their potassium from plants, either directly or by eating other animals (and animal products) which have fed on plants.
This booklet (in Hindi) summarizes the main issues related to potash fertilizers, with following topics discussed:
- How much potassium is needed by humans?
- How much potassium is needed by plants?
- Potassium deficiency and its symptoms
- Potassium in the soil
- Potassium production and reserves
- Potassium and the environment
- Potash fertilizers
The booklet also contains a large newly drawn schematics on "Potassium in Soil and Plant Systems" and a few color pictures.
This publication is available for download from this page, or hardcopies can be ordered from Potash for Life, A Project by Indian Potash Limited in Delhi.
- Choose your App
What's new in the region...
- Paper: 施肥"最佳法则"及其在印度实现目标产量的应用小结 more >
- Paper: 施用杂卤石对卷心菜及花椰菜产量及品质的影响 more >
- K in the Literature: Identification and Characterization of Potassium Solubilizing Bacteria (KSB) from Indo-Gangetic Plains of India more >
- Paper: Effects of Soil and Foliar Potassium Application on Cotton Yield, Nutrients Uptake, and Soil Fertility Status more >
- Paper: The "Law of Optimum" and its Application for Realizing Targeted Yields in India - A Mini-Review more >